Our Aims, Objectives & Facilities
To achieve and implement the Wishing Well motto ‘The Best Possible Care for Your child’ the nursery and its staff will endeavour to meet and improve upon the Quality of care we offer.
With Quality, Care and Education for the Under 5’s being of paramount importance, the staff's objectives are to:
- Meet the needs of parents and their children
- Adopt an open and positive partnership with parent
- Offer ‘peace of mind’ and assurance to parents
- Operate a ‘key worker’ system for each child
- Build a close and trusting relationship with children and parents
- Ensure children feel secure confident and valued as an individual
- Be fully committed to the continual improvement of Childcare and Education
- Provide parents with information concerning their child’s development and progress
- Project and promote positive attitudes
- Provide appropriate space, facilities and equipment for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Encourage children to have respect and tolerance of their environment and those within
Nursery staff appreciates that leaving a child in the care of others can be an anxious time. Therefore every effort is made to provide an excellent childcare service in an environment where each child can thrive and develop.
The Wishing Well is a top-class establishment comprising of several spacious rooms accessible to the children. The organisation within each room is of a free-flow environment enabling each child to settle at his or her own pace.
Birth-to-Three Unit - comprises of the Explorers (6 weeks - 2 years) and the Little Learners (2-3 years). There are several spacious rooms that are separated into smaller areas each with a different purpose, free choice, creative, sensory, and imaginative play, there is also a separate dining room. One room as access to the purpose built outdoor area. The children benefit from not only the individual attention given by their key worker and other staff but also by being with their immediate peers.
Scholars – 3 to 5 years old. This age group have several interconnecting rooms, two creative rooms, and two play rooms. A big focus within these rooms is to begin the children's preparation for school, called 'Readiness for School', focusing on all the basics the local schools require.
Before & After School/Holiday Club – 4.5 to 14 years. The club as its own designated area on our first floor, comprising of several inter-connecting rooms. Each room is equipped with lots of age appropriate equipment to keep the children entertained after a day at school or during the holidays. They have computers, a pool table, games, a creative area that doubles into a dining room, an indoor play area including a bouncy castle, and the use of the outdoor playground.
Play is a child’s means of discovery, communication, and expression. The aim of the nursery is to develop and implement a comprehensive early year’s curriculum. Every effort is made to meet the standards set by OFSTED within all rooms.
The Curriculum has been developed following the Early Learning Goals:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Physical Development
- Expressive Arts & Design
To ensure learning is pleasurable and rewarding the staff in all rooms aim to:
- Acknowledge age, ability, previous experience and individual needs of children
- Ensure all children have access to a varied and stimulating range of activities, which also extends children’s knowledge, understanding and skills
- Develop children’s sense of achievement, self -control and independence
- Provide pre-school children with exciting and stimulating education to aid a happy and smooth transition from nursery to school
Nursery Education Funding
All children from the term after their 3rd birthday, are entitled to 15 hours free (increasing to 30 from September 2017) Nursery Education Funding. There is also 15 hours free funding available for some 2 year olds. More information can be found on - www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/early-years-and-childcare/find-childcare/free-nursery-places/free-early-years-places-for-two-year-olds
The nursery received a very impressive OFSTED report a copy of which can be found here and can also be found on www.ofsted.gov.uk